Open Board

[ Read Responses | Return to Index | Return HOME ]
[ Previous | Previous in Thread | Next ]

Re: I just lost 9 hands in a ROW!

Posted by George on 5 January 2005, at 5:12 p.m., in response to Re: I just lost 9 hands in a ROW! , posted by Christophe on 15 July 2004, at 12:36 a.m.
REMOTE_HOST: ; REMOTE_ADDR: 67.116.4.24

Password:

I did state that I return to my min. bet and stay at that level until it turns around. But, the limit of course is the bankroll for that specific session. Should that happen, then the session is over. Ideally, I would take a break at that point especially I have had prior sessions and I feel I need a break.

The idea is to minimize your losses and maximize your profits. That could be helped a lot more using a progression. Nobody can win in blackjack playing the same betting unit no matter what size that bet may be. The house advantage will not only take your money, but it will come in dips when one thinks the answer is to raise ones min. bet unit to recover previously lost money. No session strategy should be modified because of what happened in previous sessions if one hopes to make profits in the game of blackjack. Furthermore, in my own long career of experience, I conclude that blackjack is not a game for making big money. Novices and those business on their minds tend to disagree with me on this point. But that's life.

Responses

Password:

The Open Board is maintained with WebBBS 2.24.092606.