Open Board

[ Read Responses | Return to Index | Return HOME ]
[ Previous | Previous in Thread | Next ]

interesting, unexpected.....

Posted by gehrig on 25 June 2005, at 7:50 a.m., in response to Comps, posted by Kelly on 23 June 2005, at 4:05 p.m.
REMOTE_HOST: ; REMOTE_ADDR: 4.228.102.147

Password:

as an *early* visitor to the wynn joint, i was annointed with a "real" player's card. the card was used for light play at penny slots by a friend/visitor, but was not presented at the 21 game. nevertheless, so far, two freebie tix to le reve [diverted to two other guests]. better, *very recently*, an offer for two free nights in the standard room. might take them up on that one, if only to see if the much touted bed & bedding are really better than my wooden bench and couple inch futon pad. i doubt it though.

comps are based on theoretical loss by the compee. if you are an "advantage" player, methinks it's best to duck comps and the requisite identity issue. the exception would be if you were able to employ some agent(s) to crank "good" play on your card. such play would "bulk up" your player profile. otherwise, you best match your "action" to your need for comps. a couple of the las vegas joints have website pages which exactly spell out the play requirements for various comps. and, most joints' operators will transfer such a call directly to a pitstiff who usually will explain their requirements.

one of the problems with the nevada comp system is that with corporate ownership, very few pitstiffs still have "the power of the pen". even mid-level joints' 'stiffs may ask for your player card number and refer to the player database, before offering up a freebie barfet.

Responses

Password:

The Open Board is maintained with WebBBS 2.24.092606.