Open Archive 2
[ Read Responses | Return to the Index ]
[ Previous | Previous in Thread | Next in Thread | Next ]
Re: Me too, however.
Posted by NonCounter on 22 March 1998, at 5:46 p.m., in response to I absolutely agree with Bootlegger (nt), posted by Michael Dalton on 21 March 1998, at 9:42 p.m.
I really do agree that from an analytical point of view, the Counters are perfectly right, however.
1. It's really difficult to learn to count, and once you think you are good enough, then you get the heat. So we are back to CONTROL. If you dont have, play with a BJ calculator, it's free.
2. You need to put in a LOT of time or play HUGH units to make any significant $$$ during your lifetime.
3. Putting in a LOT of time erodes your capability as a counter and if you you were able to play HUGH $ as you bet, why gamble, you have enough.
I would like to suggest to this forum that the BJ playing community be divided as follows:
1. COUNTERS - Well respected analytical players.
2. CONTROLLERS - New designation for my own style.
3. TOURISTS - Players of BJ for fun during vacation etc.
4. SUCKERS - any other players of BJ.
I consider the first three categories as legitimate and reasonable. I consider the first two as professional and I don't consider the fourth.
The Open Archive 2 is maintained with WebBBS 2.24.060398.