Voodoo Archive 2
[ Read Responses | Return to the Index ]
[ Previous | Previous in Thread | Next in Thread | Next ]
Posted by Soma on 11 July 1998, at 3:27 p.m., in response to roulette..., posted by gegrig on 7 July 1998, at 1:37 p.m.
If a claim is made for biased wheels we get plenty of opinions to the contrary, but nothing concrete. One might encapsulate this unscientific outlook thus: 'Biased wheels DO NOT exist but when they DO the casinos will stop you exploiting them.' Even when an opinion purports to be neutral it has anti-bias caveats unsupported by facts. Here are some, to which I have placed comments.
1) It takes a vast amount of spins and time to find a biased wheel. The casino will become aware of you: How do you know how many spins it takes? The monitors enable several wheels to be clocked at once, from places remote from the wheel Unknown players bet for you.
2) Wheels have electronic sensors, monitors, software, printouts: True, but that doesn't mean all wheels have all of them installed or integrated, or anyone who understands the output or heeds it enough to bother adjusting anything.
3) It may only be a random deviation: Use an appropriate statistical test to prove it one way or the other.
4) Wheels are moved to other locations: Naturally, you have to be able to identify a wheel as an individual to be sure you are clocking the correct wheel: If it is moved, continue clocking it in its new location.
5) Modern wheels are adjustable: Why? Wheels makers have never been able to eliminate bias, but now they have a way to TRY to hide it. Record the relative position of a wheel's components and check them to see if the wheel has been adjusted. You are able to keep track of any biased pocket and note what number is located alongside it. A computer program can transpose your previous clockings to the new position.
The Voodoo Archive 2 is maintained with WebBBS 2.24.060398.